Open to anyone involved in basic or applied agricultural biotechnology R&D projects in any (local) public or private research agency or institution with potential beneficial socio-economic impact
The contest showcases advances in basic and applied agri-biotech R&D in the Philippines and its potential beneficial impact in improving agricultural productivity and increasing farmers’ income, attaining food security, and mitigating and adapting to climate change.
- The contest is divided into two categories namely basic biotech research and applied biotech research. Basic research is oriented toward discovery and explanation of phenomena without goals toward the development of specific processes or products. On the other hand, applied research is focused on practical application and includes innovation or development of processes and/or products.
- Interested individuals shall notify the secretariat of their interest to join the contest by submitting Technology Information Sheet (TIS) to email@example.com. Registration to the contest will be open until October 31, 2014. The TIS format can be downloaded at www.dabiotechnet.net.
- Once notified through email, all contenders shall prepare their respective infographics posters with the following specifications:
1. Size: 27” x 40” (portrait)
2. Tarpaulin posters ONLY
- All final posters (including electronic [jpeg or pdf] copy) shall be submitted on or before November 20, 2014 to the DA Biotech Office, 2/F BSWM Bldg., Visayas Ave., Diliman, Quezon City 1101.
- The infographics posters will be displayed in the 2014 National Biotech Week (NBW) Exhibit from November 24-28, 2014 at the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Atrium, C.P. Garcia Ave., Diliman, Quezon City.
- All posters shall be judged on November 26, 2014 based on the following criteria:
1. Relevance and contribution to the theme – 25%
2. Clarity (concise, effective communication, and
understandable to any lay audience) – 30%
3. Style and presentation (appeal, use of language,
design and appropriateness) – 25%
4. Originality (creativity and novelty) – 20%
PRIZES FOR BOTH CATEGORIES
1st Place – PhP50,000.00
2nd place – PhP30,000.00
3rd place – PhP15,000.00
Consolation Prize – PhP5,000.00
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS:
Winners will be announced and awarded during the Policy Forum of the NBW 2014 celebration on November 27, 2014, 8:30AM – 4:30PM, at the CHED Auditorium, C.P. Garcia Ave., Diliman, Quezon City.
Click to download TIS here: uploads/2014 Technology Information Sheet(1).doc